For Logan, Alison, and Baby Nate

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Unfinished wood shelf, Heath bud vase, Chemex glass carafe


Once upon a time, a friend and I were having a conversation about hardship and loss and I said a trite thing, probably parroting a saying that I had read off of a spiritual chain letter. “God doesn’t give you what you can’t handle.” Maybe I believed it then, I was young. 

//

That friend and I went through something similar in the past couple years- we both had babies. His experience post baby has been drastically different than mine. 

I keep hearing what I said to him back then- “God doesn’t give you what you can’t handle.” And I think about how unfair and how untrue that statement is.  


Logan, I don’t know how much of this you've been able to handle on your own, it's probably more than you should be shouldering. What I do know is that there’s a network of people surrounding you during this time. We'll try our best to get the rest of it.

//

Please click here to donate and help ease the financial burden of Alison's brain cancer.

https://www.youcaring.com/alison-mccarthy-475492#.VlXVZfK5skE.facebook



Post a Comment